-->

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Cockles with Garlic and Chilli

Ah Jiu (the brother of my mummy) like to cook this kind of Chinese-style cockles. Nothing made me happier (when I’m in the younger age around 14-18 years old) than Ah Jiu saying seven simple words: “kids, we’re going to eat cockles tonight.” (Usually he buys the cockles from Ah Bai, one of the cold storage shop in Saratok town center). I like to eat cockles with this method compared to those cockles added to fried noodles or Laksa because I can enjoy cockles the most. Mummy will put a stakes of newspaper around the table (to ease her cleaning job) while we are eating cockles ravenously with our hands.

 Buy from Giant supermarket in Bintang Plaza Miri
 Wash the cockles to remove its sand. Then, boiled the water and throw in the pot of hot water with cockles
  After few minutes, remove the hot water when the shells began to open.
Sprinkle with garlic, chilli and soy sauce to taste

********

 He is my Ah Jiu

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase