-->

Friday 5 April 2013

Falling a Trap

Update on **31 March 2013**


My Nigeria housemate, Sarah persuaded me to attend a online business seminar which was held in Imperial Palace Miri. Without hesitation, I said yes. (really wanted to escaped from the boredom in rushing developed the BTEC notes in home). To my surprise, my colleague, Kobe with his white Myvi fetched us to go there. I was told by Sarah that Kobe introduced her the online tuition business. The online business will start on 2pm but all of us waited for 1 hour since the speaker which is the pioneer of the online tuition business not arrived yet. All the topic of that business revolved around the powerful of the tuition product (it sold the e-learning product from primary one to form 5), the experience of the pioneer from the poor state of the family condition that leaded him to choose the online tuition business pathway. The online business seminar ended on 5.30pm.

Imperial Palace hotel Miri
 
Seyran and Sarah (my housemate)
Sarah and Shan Liang


Kobe, my colleague (the guy with black shirt)


That's was the training namely leadership training



 
The mother of Kobe. Not friendly at all, never say hi with us :(
The mega electronic enginner which was working in Singapore quit the job and decided to join the online tuition business.
Murali Darwin originated from Sekinchan, Kuala Selangor-the founder of the online tuition business which was the main speaker of that training. Every words that he mentioned beat the heart of the audience!
The price package of the e-learning product
 
                                                                Sarah with uniformed guys


After the seminar, the leader of the Sarah belonged to approach me with a chance to “start to earn more money to realize your dream”. From that moment, I looked at Sarah with the look “I was falling the trap”. *want to strangle her”. The leader is persuasive. She told me how much they love the products or they sold (improve her life better), how supportive the people in the program are, they had made thousands of ringgit. It sounded really good. I was going to be tempted. However, the rationality drove me to say NO to the temptation.

The first reason was I had to sold the e-learning product to 4 people and I will get paid or more typically, get a commission or bonus on the amount of e-learning product I sold directly to customers. Most of my friends were not the Mirians. How can I promote the e-learning product to them? Most of the newly recruit of the e-learning product usually relied on the leader to convince the potential customers about the powerful of that product since the leaders had more knowledge about that product. I didn’t like to turn my friends and family into “prospects”. The leader suggested me to sell to and recruit the people that I knew well. I really hate constantly beseeching those friends and family closest to me.

The second reason was the capital around RM 1000-RM 2000. To me, it was a large capital. I was not going to dump my hardly earned money to the online business with a lot of uncertainties and risk. If one day I wished to invest something I will conduct the initial investment appraisal by asking a lot of people’s advice especially my family members. Don’t let the money controlled me although it can realize my dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase