-->

Sunday 21 April 2013

Electronic invasion

Yes electronic has invaded my life. My working hours are spent in front of PC. (this kind life will going to end in May, 2013). I depend so much to the PC and we don’t what to do when the internet is down. Back home, I still spend a few hours in front of the ASUS laptop trying to “clear out minds”. I don’t have to concern or worry about the “face time” with the loved one or family members. (they don’t stay together with me) Honestly I admit that electronic has kept my boredom away.

FYI the electronic attachment that I use to have are PC (in the workplace) and laptop (in home) compared to the mobile phone.  I attached the PC and laptop as my body is to my arms. I discovered that I don’t have unhealthy attachment to my cell phone. I can leave my cellphone in home without bringing it. (My friends used to scold me when forgot to bring my cell phone since she might be contacted me in the case of emergency situation).I was out with my colleague almost during lunch and I realized that she will check her smartphone constantly while we’re supposed to be catching up each other. There is also moment when she is engrossed with her smartphone that we were not talking to each other. During the workplace meeting time, some of the colleagues (include my boss as well) will slide the screen of their smartphone while the smart phone starts beeping or ringing, churning out more messages and e-mails. The scenario is not unique. It became a trend on how human getting obsessed with their mobile phone and are not communicating face to face anymore. (I’m not sure whether I will kept on staring the smartphone in receiving an email or Facebook notification because I don’t have the smartphone)

Fortunately, smartphone has not robbed my valuable family time. Only PC has penetrated the family time. (Mickey which is the black sheep of Tay’s family glued her eyes in front of PC during her lunch and dinner time rather than interact with us). It’s common my mummy will scream us to ask for help instead of text us if she is in home. However, she likes to utilize the home phone to request us for doing some house chores when she was in Ah Jiu’s sundry shop (temporary helper if the workers are absent). Freedom ironically is just an illusion. There are actually plenty of opportunities to have family time in a day. In the morning, Tay Pa Pa will join us at the breakfast table and pick a topic to talk about along the way. In my home, I really enjoy and rediscover the art of conversation with my parents and siblings. I enjoy get to know each other again, tease each other. I make the family interaction more positive and interactive. It was very important in reconnecting with family members. (which are stayed in the different states in Malaysia). I can say that the dining table and living room in my home at Saratok are the place of joyful interaction. The most priority issue that I’m putting was my family first. I’m on my way to create many priceless family moments.

 ASUS Laptop
Here it is

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase