-->

Monday 1 April 2013

Popiah

Update on **29 March 2013**


Popiah aka spring roll was one of my favorite food. I craved for Popiah for long and finally had time to make it on Good Friday public holiday. To me, Its cooking method same with the Chai Kueh (steamed vegetable dumpling). To me, the skin of Chai Kueh was quite diffcult to prepare compared to the Popiah skin that were ready to made. 

 The ingredients that I needed were carrot (shredded), long bean (shredded) and sengkuang/yam bean (shredded)
 Heat the oil
 Add in garlic and dried shrimp and fry them until aromatic (I did not bought dried shrimp)
Then fry the long bean in order to remove its rawness.
Cook the gravy until it almost dry
 After 10 minutes,add the carrot and sengkuang
 
Fried together
 
Add MSG
 
 The rolling popiah method were clearly shown
 Place the popiah skin on a flat area. Scoop a tablespoon of the carrot, long bean and sengkuang onto it.

 Roll the popiah skin and fold over the ends to seal the filling
 


Put aside and continue to make the rest of the popia. Actually the popiah can fry until turns golden brown colour. However, I like the original or fresh one. Yup, fresh popiah eat with the chilli sauce was my favourite style. I had it as my breakfast.

A sense of achievement and satisfaction of making the popia was in my heart. I understand the level of standards still cannot compare with the popia seller. So what, I’m not going to be the pastry chef or popia seller. Rosamond, JoJo, Naruto and Mickey, please tell mum I know how to make a popia!!!! Papa, please give me a big applause. Hahaha~~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase