-->

Monday 29 April 2013

Male Chauvinist

Tay Pa Pa and Mama

Yesterday, I read the Star newspaper and noticed the words of Male Chauvinist(大男人)in the interview of Joanne Yew (2007 Miss Astro International Beauty Pageant). Male chauvinist means the superiority attitude of the male species lingering in the mother earth. 

Genuinely speaking, I never witness male chauvinist in my home. Tay Pa Pa will buy the breakfast for Mama. He would not hesitate going for shopping with Mama.  Sometimes he is willing to be the chef in home by preparing the lunch or dinner for us when Mama has a tired body. The best thing of him is he is the driver of Mama when Mama wishes to go around somewhere. 

As I grew up when go out for study, I meet a variety of people with highly male chauvinist. A good example is my auntie’s husband (can be seen in my blogpost namely Take Me to Sibu Jaya) whereby auntie’s husband always proud to be chauvinist. I observe that he is having the upper hand in all the household and external affairs. My auntie only have to abide what her husband say. *Angry* 

My friend that I know her in Universiti Malaysia Sabah also has the chauvinist boyfriend that will give his old cell phone to my friend when he is going to buy his favorite trendy cell phone. If I were my friend, I will throw the old cell phone to his face. I’m thinking using the high heels to beat him also a good idea. 

The another example is my Indian friend’s father. According to my Indian friend, the male chauvinist is deep rooted in the Indian community. The father of my Indian friend will be finished working on 6pm everyday. Her mother will start preparing the dinner on 5pm everyday. Everyday her father able having the hot dinner. (Her mother used to tell me her husband don’t like the cold dinner as time I have a short stay in her home in Sungai Petani, Kedah). My friend as his daughter couldn’t do anything! Maybe she is accepted and get used to her father’s chauvinist style.

If someone ask me whether I can accept the male chauvinist, definitely the answer is NO. I grew up in the family which the male is not the boss and I feel prefer the guy without or little chauvinist. I don’t like male chauvinist because I’m a feminist! (大女人)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase